Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Underwear as Outerwear: Brand Profile and Top Picks - Nichole de Carle London (Part 1)

Hello my lingerie lovelies! :) Firstly before we dive into this gorgeous unpublished world of lingerie again I need to apologise for my absence from the blog over the last couple of months.  I have wanted to post, I really, really have because I enjoy it so much - creating the content, visualising posts, creating and sourcing images and interacting with the blogging community and of course my readers.  Unfortunately life just got in the way.  I changed job and with interview preparation, attending interviews and now settling into my new position, my own free time has just been so rare that blogging was not an option.  However, I am back now and hope to create a more regular upload schedule with two uploads a week - one on a Tuesday and one on a Sunday.  I am not setting this in stone but just want to let you know my intentions so you know when to keep your eyes open for new posts!  Ok - I need to stop talking and get on with this exciting post!

The Credentials:
Today, I have an exquisite, British brand to share with you all.  This brand epitomises my idea of fashion forward lingerie and its translatability into our ready-to-wear wardrobes is o-so-attractive - it is edgy, sexy, and ultra chic all at the same time.  The pieces are not for the faint hearted but trust me if you are brave enough to indulge in this brand, you WILL NOT regret it!  The brand is called Nichole de Carle London, a British brand with a sexy, so-fashion-forward-it-hurts image and collections of ultimate lingerie and loungewear luxury.  Trust me, these pieces I am about to show you are beyond sensational.  It is no surprise that the brand have a celebrity following that boasts the likes of Jessie J, Cheryl Cole and - my ultimate favourite as always - Beyonce (remember that famous Drunk in Love performance at the Grammy's - yes this is where she got that fabulous outfit).  Of course it was not long before the fashion pack got behind Nichole de Carle London and soon their pieces were gracing the pages of Elle and Zink magazines (to name but a few) on a regular basis. Nichole de Carle London was created in 2009 by designer and founder Nichole de Carle. Encouraged by her royal heritage with a de Carle family history of creative embassadors Nichole de Carle attended the prestigious Contour Design course at De Montfort University, later graduating with first class honours and top rate fashion jobs lined up.  Nichole de Carle progressed in her career and worked at Donna Karen, Pleasure State and Alexander McQueen where here in particular she was inspired to start her own brand. The vision Nichole de Carle had was to create a lingerie brand with a strong visual for her designs to be architecturally influenced, unique to her but yet identifiable for others - and my-o-my has she succeeded.  As you are about to see Nichole de Carle London has a strong identifiable image that lives and breathes throughout every design in each collection.  It is my pleasure to now present to you my top picks from this exquisite brand.

Top Picks:
I say 'top picks' but go on to the Nichole de Carle London website and try and stop yourself from trying to catch your breath at each and every piece you see - top picks was not easy so I am going to split it into two posts (just more gorgeousness to feast your eyes on!).  This post will be based on the more easily translatable to ready-to-wear pieces and the following post will concentrate on the more daring side of underwear as outerwear (keep your eyes peeled on Sunday for it going live!).  So let us begin.

SS14 Black Label Onyx Tuxedo:
SS14 Black Label Onyx Tuxedo - Made to Order
SS14 Black Label Onyx Tuxedo - Made to Order
SS14 Black Label Onyx Tuxedo - Made to Order
Do you recognise this piece?  Of course you do, this is the flawless outfit that Beyonce rocked on stage at the Grammy's in 2014 with her husband Jay-Z for their performance of Drunk In Love.  Ok, so that makes me like the piece even more but the reasons my heart flutters when looking at it.  Firstly, the shape, not too tight over the arms and body but just right.  The design is curve enhancing and flatters the female form perfectly with strong architectural lines over the brief area and a zip leading up to the neck which also leads your eyes - it is like a painting with such fabulous composition.  The sheer fabric is just right, not too see-through but just enough to see your bra through it.  So for my ready-to-wear spin, let's imagine - slip on a semi-sheer maxi skirt in black or white and depending on the occasion grab your favourite sexy pair of heels or throw on some white converse for a damn-my-outfit-is-sexy-but-rocking-it-during-the-day-requires-converse spin. You could also slip over a pair of classic black cigarettes pants or some wide-leg trousers, pop on a pair of heels and you have a fabulous dinner to bedroom outfit sorted.  So how much is this delightful piece?  I ain't going to lie this is expensive but hey - it's luxury you are buying here so what do you expect!  The SS14 Black Label Onyx Tuxedo from Nichole de Carle London retails at £351.00 available in sizes XS, S, M, L and XL and is part of the brands Made to Order selection.  This does not include the bra worn underneath (I am assuming this, it is not clear on the website) which is called the Black Label Onyx Plunge Bra retailing at £174.00 available in sizes 32B-D, 34B-D, 36B-C (not a fantastic range but with it being made to order, maybe we could request an alternative size - if you don't ask you don't get and all) as part of the brands Made to Order range.  A serious investment, but with this attention to detail and incredible design and quality - it is well worth it in my eyes!

SS14 Black Label Onyx Body - Made to Order:
SS14 Black Label Onyx Body - Made to Order
SS14 Black Label Onyx Body - Made to Order

SS14 Black Label Onyx Body - Made to Order
Next up is the beautiful SS14 Black Label Onyx Body from the brands Made to Order selection.  This body with its strong lines, architectural inspired form and fashion-forward cut-outs makes this body so pleasing to the eye and I bet when worn you would feel damn sexy too.  Now this is the perfect piece to slip on a suitable pair of bottoms - imagine some ripped boyfriend jeans and some white converse or a pair of killer heels to rock it in the evening.  Or let's make it ultra chic with a black tuxedo jacket and black trousers again interchanging your footwear to suit the occasion.  As I have said before and I will say time and time again, this look is not about wearing your underwear in the streets.  It is about taking an underwear piece, a strong fashion-forward statement piece and mixing it with your ready-to-wear wardrobe in a style that celebrates the female form yet retains your class and sophistication.  The look is strong and empowering - that is why I love it so much. The beautiful SS14 Black Label Onyx Body retails at £555.00 and is available in sizes X-Small B-D, Small B-D, Medium B-D, Large B-C and X-Large B-C (again, I am not mad about the size range but it is under the made to order section so the question could be asked - it wouldn't hurt I guess).  The body is also available in other colour-ways White/White and Silver/Pewter, Black and White and the AW13 colour-way which incorporates Black, Red Lace and White.  Again, it is expensive like a mortgage payment expensive but it is an investment piece that you would love and cherish for years to come - I would hang this one out as a display!

SS14 Loungewear Playsuit:
SS14 Loungewear Playsuit
SS14 Loungewear Playsuit
SS14 Loungewear Playsuit
This is definitely the most transferable piece of underwear to ready-to-wear that I am offering in this post. Not only does it look ultra chic and fashion-forward but how comfortable does this look to lounge around the house in - in style of course!  I adore the use of decorative panelling to accentuate the body and the not-too-tight fit which gives it that loungewear, luxe vibe that I am craving at the moment.  So let's get ready-to-wear our playsuit outside (like what I did there?!) - it's simple ladies, just throw on a pair of bottoms, anything from boyfriend jeans, black tailored trousers, frayed denim cut-offs for a festival vibe or a flamboyant, structural shaped skirt for the ultimate in street style chic.  The SS14 Loungewear Playsuit made from luxurious silk, lace and powernet retails at £229.00 and is available in sizes XS, S, M and L. Other colour-ways available include Teal/Black and White/Claret/Black.

SS14 Loungewear Pyjama Trousers:
SS14 Loungewear Pyjama Trousers - Made to Order
SS14 Loungewear Pyjama Trouser - Made to Order


SS14 Loungewear Pyjama Trouser - Made to Order
Now this was and still is my had-to-catch-my-breathe moment because my-o-my these trousers are divine. The flowing fit and form that creates the most sophisticated and heart-stopping silohette is just that - heart-stopping.  Made in a loose fit design with sheer corded lace flare panels and a silk waistband these trousers are the ultimate in loungewear luxury.  And their ease to move into ready-to-wear is so simple - throw on an oversized ribbed jumper in cream or white and throw on some black heels and you are most likely to be snapped for a street style section in a fashion magazine.  Or rock them with a simple white tee and white converse for a relaxed twist on an ultra sophisticated pair of trousers.  The options are endless and wearing any of these options will also be fabulous with the strong beauty these trousers possess!  The SS14 Loungewear Pyjama Trouser from Nichole de Carle London's Made to Order collection are available in sizes XS, S, M, L and XL and retail at £195.00.  Also shown is the SS14 Loungewear Pyjama Top from the Made to Order collection which which retails at £225.00.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about the stunning Nichole de Carle London brand and my top picks from the brand at the moment - I am sure there will be more in the future also!  The second part of the Nichole de Carle London post for my Underwear as Outerwear series will be available on Sunday morning!  Please comment below and let me know your thoughts on this post and my top picks - I love hearing all your feedback and interacting with my readers!

Hope you are all having a great start to the week!

Speak soon,
Claire x

Come and follow me and my social media antics at:

 Instagram - theunpublishedgirl
 Bloglovin - theunpublishedgirl
 Pinterest - unpublishedgirl
and Twitter - unpublishedgirl

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely and detailed post, cant wait for the next part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment - I like to keep my posts detailed and let me readers know why I am so in love with these brands :) Part two will be up on Sunday - keep your eyes peeled! :) Claire x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this amazing post and making me discover this brand ! Nichole de Carle's creations are absolutely gorgeous and the concept directly inspired from contemporary design and architecture is remarkable !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the story behind the designs and the designers influences that make these pieces even more beautiful - they are pieces of art. Thank you so much for commenting, it is great to get some feedback on my posts - so happy I helped you discover the beautiful Nichole de Carle London :) Claire x

    ReplyDelete